OMG it’s already December!
Not to panic.
It’s the perfect time to make space in your life for new and awesome things to come in 2018!
In Feng Shui, letting go both physically and energetically of things that no longer serve you creates room for yummy things to come in 🙂
And the best way we do that is by performing energetic space clearings.
Don’t know how?
Luckily we created this video to show you exactly how to energetically clear your space to make room for an awesome 2018!
Many ways to do energetic clearing but for this video, I will specifically talk about smudging – or purifying a space using smoke. It’s an easy way to clear energy but you first need to prepare.
Make sure you have at least 20-30 minutes for this sacred ritual.
You will need these things:
- Sage or other dried herb bundle
- Fireproof bowl (to catch any embers that fall)
- Bowl with sand or rice (to extinguish flame when done)
- Feather (optional)
If you choose to smudge in your home, be sure to temporarily de-activate smoke alarms or keep windows open in order to minimize the chance that they will be set off.
3 Easy Steps:
- STEP 1 : Set your intention – think about what you may be letting go of or ask to let go of things that you are not even aware of to bring in a happy and prosperous new year.
- STEP 2: Light the tip of your smudge stick (sage), then gently wave or blow on the stick in until the tip begins to smolder.
- You can use a feather if you have one, but usually just gently waving your hands to disperse the smoke is enough. Don’t forget to stay connected to your breathing throughout your smudging session.
- Don’t forget closets, under tables and chairs and corners. Hold the smudge stick over the fireproof surface at all times in order to avoid any lit herbs falling on the floor.
- When you have smudged all areas of your space, gently extinguish your smudge stick by dipping it into a bowl with sand or rice while applying a bit of pressure.
- STEP 3: Set your new intention for the New Year!
Optional: Open all window for 9 minutes and Take a shower
Do it end of year, before a big event. Ideally afterward, you can set your new intentions for 2018 – sneak preview CELEBRATION for me is my theme for 2018! More about that in our February video (insert suspense here).
Your turn! I want to hear from you!
What are some things YOU are letting go and clearing in 2017? What are your intentions for 2018?
Liked what you read? Share this post with friends by clicking below.