T minus 3 days!
The Year of the Pig is almost here and you guessed it, we need to prepare.
Here’s a mix of run-of-the-mill Chinese traditions, complemented by some modern traditions.
Are you ready? I’m always excited for this second New Year so let’s get started!
5 Tips to Welcome in the Boar:
- Front door clearing – Opportunities can get stuck or be welcomed at your front door. We want it to flow in so be sure to remove all shoes, recycling or whatever goodies you have at your front door. Your door should optimally be able to open at least 90 degrees. Hello and welcome Abundance!
- Clean Your Windows – Next step is to clean all windows since your windows represent the eyes of the adults of your home. And who wants cloudy vision? Shine up those windows to make sure you are seeing your 2019 through a crystal clear perspective.
- Sweep up – Now it’s time to sweep or vacuum. Be sure to do this BEFORE Feb 4th evening since you want to make sure you are clearing the way for the PIG, not sweeping it’s good fortune out the door.
- Diffuse a scent – Aromatherapy has a huge effect on our psyche which then effects our thoughts, actions and reality. Two optimal states of being are feeling grounded or energized. You *know* which one you need more of, I know you do. So if you need grounding, frankincense, sandalwood or ginger can work really well. You can light incense, put essential oils in your diffuser or dab on your body – just make sure it’s pure oil that can be put on your skin. If you need more energy to get off the couch, I’ve got you covered – citrus scents such as lemon, orange, grapefruit work as well as peppermint or eucalyptus. Again, you can buy essential oils but also peeling an orange, inhaling its scent and keeping it in a bowl on the counter works well too.
- Pay your debts and collect what others owe – We want to start our new year on the right foot with nothing left incomplete. Abundance will find it tough to enter in your life if you have outstanding debts or are owed money. Hello Venmo! 🙂 If you have a bigger debt like a credit card or mortgage, it’s fine as long as you are up to date with minimum payments and set your intention that your road to abundance is smooth and flowing!
Taking action is really the first step to having a successful new year – and life in general but more about that another time! Second runner up is setting your intention. Before you do any of the above, it’s of critical importance to set your intention to WHY you are going to do what you are doing. Be very clear. For example: I am getting this scent so I can feel energized enough to do get off the couch, and the results will be a completed newsletter (totally not personal to me). Enjoy your prep!
How will you be prepping for Chinese New Year? What’s your intention for the year?
Liked what you read? Share this post with friends by clicking below.
Remember, Feng Shui is not a luxury, it’s a Necessity 🙂