Happy Valentine’s Day! For some, it’s a day that has been long prepared and waited for. For others, it’s a day that can not be over quickly enough. A big reason this holiday is dreaded is a lack of a romantic partner. Yes, that is definitely what Hallmark would like for you to feel. If you’re not loved by another, what and who are you? Nonsense I say!
It’s possible to love and be loved by others than a romantic partner. In Feng Shui, the “relationship” area, located in the top right hand corner of the room from where your front door is, not only pertains to romantic relationships, but to all your other relationships – family, colleagues even your landlord! See how expansive and inclusive this is?
One person though we very often leave out of the equation is ourselves. You know, good ole Me, Myself and I. That’s a big one. How many of us can really say that we truly love ourselves? I know you have heard it a million times before but it’s because there is so much truth in it, “You cannot love or receive love properly until you love yourself unconditionally.” Which mean no complaining of belly flab or wrinkles. Focus on what is wonderful about your life and yourself. In celebration of Valentine’s day, I ask that you do something nice for yourself today. Look in the mirror and give yourself a compliment and really mean it. Order yourself a nicer tea or coffee than usual. Buy yourself flowers and put it in the relationship section of your bedroom. Take a 15 minute music break and don’t feel guilty about it. The more you feed your spirit of self love, the more you are giving back to the Universe and to the world. I have said it and I’ll say it again, it’s all about Love people. Love. So many issues can be resolved if we really took this to heart. And yes, pun intended.
Some great quotes inspired by self love. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love & affection. ~Buddha
- Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives. ~Louise L. Hay
- Loving yourself… means welcoming yourself as the most honored guest in your own heart, a guest worthy of respect, a lovable companion. ~Margo Anand
- I celebrate myself, and sing myself. ~Walt Whitman
- Find the love you seek, by first finding the love within yourself. Learn to rest in that place within you that is your true home. ~Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- I love myself for I am a beloved child of the universe and the universe lovingly takes care of me now. ~Louise Hay
- Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it. ~Thaddeus Golas
- To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now. ~Alan Cohen
- Our first and last love is self-love. ~Christian Nestell Bovee