This colorful fridge is keeping my New York ashen days bright!
Can anyone tell me if Mr. Groundhog revealed his little furry head on Groundhog’s day? I hope so. I am getting a bit tired of grey, cold days not knowing whether it’s going to snow, rain, sleet or be 60 degrees! I’m dreaming of sun-shiney days prancing around Central Park or being able to open the windows to allow the warm, fresh summer air in.
Today I felt the Spring-Summer fever pretty bad. I counted – 28 days until the official First Day of Spring. Until then, I am going to keep staring at this cute and colorful fridge from Smeg. But if staring at this fridge is not lifting your Chi blahs, maybe these little tips will:
- buy some colorful flowers and put them where you sit the most
- have salmon for lunch and get your vitamin D! (what we’re deficient in when there is no sunshine anywhere or anyway to be found)
- put on your brightest winter accessory – scarf, hat, gloves, whatever. That’s an easy cheer up!
- write in a colorful inked pen for the day (unless you’re an accountant or are in any other profession where this may be frowned upon)
- laugh for 5 full minutes with a child
If none of these work (although I really think the last one will), then make some popcorn, flick on the Winter Olympics and cheer on your favorite athletes. I guess if you can’t beat ’em, you may as well cheer them on!